Talbot has been controlled by several automobile companies since its foundation in 1903. First used to import Clément-Bayard cars to the United Kingdom, Talbot eventually started its own production, independent from its French partner. In 1919 Darracq bought the company, implementing the Talbot-Darracq badge and one year later the Sunbeam-Talbot-Darracq. In 1935, Rootes took over the company that was shortly after bought by Anthony Lago, which introduced the Talbot-Lago badge. Simca stepped in 1958. Chrysler Europe merged with Simca in 1967 and was taken over by Peugeot in 1978, taking the Talbor marque with it. The Talbot badge was discontinued in 1992, although only one model remained in production since 1986, the Talbot Express.
|origin:||United Kingdom, 1903|