The Stutz Motor Company was founded by Harry C. Stutz in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, in 1911. The company built luxury, high endurance cars and became known in racing with a world speed record in 1927 and a second place at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1928. Produced ceased in 1935.
There was an attempt to revive the brand in 1968 by James O'Donnell who incorporated the Stutz Motor Car of America, Inc. The first prototype was built by Ghia in Torino, Italy In 1969, the car had was shown at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in January 1970. Stutz Motor Car of America, Inc. manufactured high-performance roadsters. Production ceased in 1987 and sales in 1995.
|origin:||United States of America, 1911|