SIMCA (Société industrielle de Méchanique et Carrosserie Automobile) was founded by Henri-Théodore Pigozzi in Nanterre, France, in November 1934. The company’s object was the production of Fiat cars for the French market. In 1951 Simca launched its first car independent of Fiat, but in 1967 Simca saw Chrysler steadily increasing its participation in the company to more than 90% in 1970. The company’s name was changed to Chrysler France and the Simca brand was discontinued. When Peugeot Citroën bought Chrysler’s business in Europe, Simca brand was revived for some time as Simca-Talbot, but soon the Simca brand was definitely dropped.