The Mitchell Motor Car Co, headquartered in Racine, was founded by Henry Mitchell and produced its first automobile in 1903. In 1910 The Mitchell Motor Car Co merged with Mitchell & Lewis Co., and the new company adopted the name Mitchell-Lewis Motor Company. The first Mitchell’s were small, but by 1910 the company offered a variety of touring models which dashing design was quite advanced for their time. The brand was very successful in endurance runs and other racing competitions. The Mitchell-Lewis Motor Company was sold to Nash Motors and production of Mitchell automobiles ceased in 1923.
|origin:||United States of America, 1903|