Marcos Engineering Ltd was established by Jem Marsh and Frank Costin in Luton, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom, in 1959. The company was named after its founders (Marsh+Costin). In 1963 the company moved to Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire and again in 1971 to Westbury, this time to purpose built premises. Marcos was a beautiful road and racing car. It was the only British brand to finish the 24 hours of Le Mans in 1966. The company went bankrupt in 1971. In 1976 Jem Marsh bought the business back to go bankrupt again in 2000. In 2002 the company was once again revived by the hand of a Canadian entrepreneur, Tony Stelliga, who moved the road car manufacture to Kenilworth, Warwickshire, England, while the race car building was relocated to The Netherlands. Despite Stelliga’s efforts, Marcos Engineering discontinued car production and went into voluntary liquidation in 2007.
|origin:||United Kingdom, 1959|