Società Milanese Automobili Isotta, Fraschini & C was founded by Cesare Isotta and Vincenzo Fraschini on January 27th, 1900. The company started by importing French cars which were assembled in Italy. In 1906 the company moved to a new factory in via Monterosa, Milan, and soon Isotta-Fraschini became known as one of the best luxury cars in the world. Isotta-Fraschini’s were also quite successful in car racing. The company was yet another victim of WWII and ceased car making in 1949. There were two attempts to revive the brand in 1996 and 1998 with concepts Isotta-Fraschini T8 and Isotta-Fraschini T12 without success. The company kept in other businesses and is currently represented by two subjects: Isotta Fraschini Motori S.p.A (marine, industrial and rail traction engines) and Isotta Fraschini Milano, s.r.l. (luxury goods).