The Invicta Car Company was established in 1925 by Captain Albert Noel (later Sir Noel) Campbell Macklin, and Oliver Lyle first in Cobham, Surrey, England, moving in 1933 to Chelsea, London, where it remained until 1938. Invicta’s were top quality, high performance endurable and easy handling cars that became quite famous in endurance and rally racings. Invicta fell victim of the financial depression. After WWII the Company was reorganised by the hand of W. G. Watson who designed the Black Prince model in the Company’s new premises inVirginia Water. Watson tried to maintain the quality of the cars but production was very low and ceased in 1949. The company was bought by Frazer Nash in 1950. In the 2000´s the brand was once again revived this time in Chippenham, Wiltshire, England.
|origin:||United Kingdom, 1925|