Heinkel Flugzeugwerke was founded by Ernst Heinkel at Warnemünde, Germany, in 1922. First an aircraft producer, the company only turned to automobile manufacture after WWII, when it developpped a microcar known as Heinkel Kabine. Production lasted from 1956 to 1958. From 1960 to 1966 manufacture was transferred to the UK were Trojan Cars Ltd marked this microcar under license and under the brand under the Trojan 200. It was also built under licence in Argentina by Los Cedros S.A from 1959 to 1962, here retaining the brand name Heinkel. In the meantime Heinkel Flugzeugwerke reverted to aircraft production and was bought by Vereinigte Flugtechnische Werke (VFW) in 1965.