You can login to your account or create a new account.
You can login to your account or create a new account.
You can login to your account or create a new account.
The Suburban model was re-designed for 2007. The new generation is based on GM’s full-size SUV architecture, which features sleek exterior styling, a sharper driving feel, more power with better fuel economy, interior upgrades and improved quietness.
The 2007 Suburban rides on a 130-inch (3,302 mm) wheelbase and offers a host of new safety features, including available head curtain side air bags and standard StabiliTrak stability control system with new rollover mitigation technology.
Since its launch, this Suburban series has seen annual updates in terms of design, engine and assistance systems.
- New exterior colors: Mocha Steel Metallic, Steel Green Metallic and Ice Blue Metallic
- Trailering package now includes integrated trailer brake controller
- Available 20-inch chrome wheels
- Vortec 6.0L V-8 with variable valve timing and E85 FlexFuel capability (2500 models).
- New exterior colors: Taupe Grey Metallic and Sheer Silver Metallic replace Graystone Metallic, Silver Birch Metallic and Deep Ruby Metallic
- All radios feature USB port to connect portable music devices to vehicle’s audio system and provide battery-charging capability
- Interior Plus Package with Bluetooth capability; tri-zone climate control; front bucket seats with premium cloth; rear audio system controls and Universal Home Remote
- Exterior Plus Package with front fog lamps and luggage rack cross bars
- 1LT package now includes tri-zone climate control; Bose premium nine-speaker system; power-adjustable pedals; remote vehicle start; ultrasonic rear parking assist; heavy-duty rear locking differential
- Z71 off-road suspension now available on 1LT
- Red Jewel Tintcoat now available on LS and LT; and with Z71 off-road suspension
- Single-speed transfer case now standard on 4WD; two-speed transfer case is optional
- Six-speed automatic transmission standard
- New 20-inch chrome clad-wheel – optional on LTZ
- OnStar 8.0 with Stolen Vehicle Slow Down, Turn-by-Turn navigation, and Destination Download to navigation radios
- Bluetooth connectivity with specific steering wheel controls
- XM Satellite Radio with new real time NavTraffic feature for navigation radio
- Side Blind Zone Alert system available on LTZ models
- New available backup camera display in Inside rearview mirror.
- New cloth seat fabrics on LS and 1LT models
- Second display screen optional for third seating row
- Heated and cooled seats with 12-way power seats with perforated leather
- New body-side moldings with chrome accent
- New rear fascia with chrome accent and trailer hitch cover
- Brushed metal steering wheel trim plate
- New sill plates with “Chevrolet” embossed
- Centerpoint Surround Sound Bose speaker system
- Available heavy-duty trailering package with 3.42 axle ratio
- Fuel-saving 3.08 axle offered on 2WD models with 5.3L V-8
- Integrated brake controller
- New exterior colors: White Diamond Tricoat and Red Jewel Tintcoat available on LTZ models
- Titanium and Cashmere interiors now available on Z71 models
New Luxury Package available on 2LT models consisting of:
- Bose premium speaker system
- Heated 10-way power seats with memory
- Heated second-row seats
- Second-row power Seat Release
- Power lift gate
- Auto-dimming outside mirrors with “Razor-styled” turn signal display
- Auto-dimming inside mirror
- Head-curtain side impact air bags standard on all models
- StabiliTrak standard on 2500 models
- Six-speed automatic transmission on 2500 models
- New 17-inch wheels on 2500 models
- Two new exterior colors: Blue Granite Metallic and Deep Ruby Metalli
Suburban 2007 is offered in LS, LT and LTZ models, with 2WD and 4WD, as well as 1500 and heavy-duty 2500 series.
Suburban 1500 models come standard with an efficient 5.3L V-8 with Active Fuel Management™ fuel-saving technology. A new, all-aluminum 6.0L V-8 with Active Fuel Management and variable valve timing (VVT) is available at a leter stage. Suburban 1500 offers up to 8,200 pounds (3,720 kg) of towing capability (2WD models), when properly equipped.
A 6.0L engine with an iron cylinder block is offered on 2500 models, it can tow up to 9,700 pounds (4,400 kg).
In 2008, the 2500 model got a number of updates, such as: StabiliTrak as standardon, six-speed automatic transmission and new 17-inch wheels.
In 2010, the Vortec 6.0L V-8 with variable valve timing and E85 FlexFuel capability was added for 2500 models.
Z71 Off Road appearance package
Returning to Suburban is the Z71 Off Road appearance package. This optional package enhances the vehicle’s look with larger recovery hook openings, larger, more prominent fog lamps and specific grille texture and platinum chrome grille trim. Eighteen-inch wheels and on-road/off-road tires also are part of the package.
Suburban also offers power articulated running boards. They blend with the vehicle’s design, but automatically move downward and outward when the doors are opened, providing a lower step-in height.
Standard in 2007 Suburban 1500 models is an iron-block Vortec 5.3L V-8 with 320 horsepower (239 kW) and 340 lb.-ft. of torque (461 Nm), which offers Active Fuel Management technology. Active Fuel Management technology seamlessly switches between eight- and four-cylinder power to save fuel. Two versions of the Vortec 5.3L Gen IV V-8 – including a 310-horsepower (231 kW) aluminum-block version that is standard in 4WD models – are compatible with E85 ethanol-based fuel, an alternative to gasoline. The engines can run on any combination of gasoline and/or E85 fuel.
Available for fall production on 1500 models is a new all-aluminum 6.0L V-8 with variable valve timing, as well as Active Fuel Management displacement on demand technology. The engine is rated at 366 horsepower (273 kW). VVT helps optimize camshaft timing to improve low-rpm torque and high-rpm horsepower. The system is enabled by a dual-equal cam phaser. The unique dual-equal phaser adjusts the camshaft timing at the same rate for both the intake and exhaust valves. A Hydra-Matic 4L70 electronically controlled four-speed automatic transmission is paired with the engine.
Heavy-duty Suburban 2500 models offer a 6.0L V-8. It features an iron cylinder block and is rated at 352 horsepower (263 kW) and 383 lb.-ft. of torque (519 Nm). It is matched with a Hydra-Matic 4L80 four-speed automatic transmission.
Contributing to Suburban’s more efficient performance as compared to previous generations, is improved aerodynamics. A more steeply raked windshield and smoother roofline improve airflow over the vehicle, while additional contributors to efficiency include a lower, wider front air dam, tighter tolerances and gaps between the fascias, lamps and grille openings, and improved front-end sealing that nearly eliminates air leak paths. These features all contribute to enhanced fuel economy and improved driving quietness.
Suburban '07 wears the current face of Chevrolet, with a Chevy badge, centered on a twin-port horizontal grille. The body-colored grille surround is inset with an argent texture mesh. Fog lamps and headlamps feature jewel-like optics. The lower fascia, incorporating the front license plate holder and integrated tow hooks, is styled with a skid plate look.
Suburban’s front end styling includes the fast-rake windshield; a bulging power dome hood; a new fender design with integrated wheel flares; a new grille and headlamps; and a full-wrap fascia. The wraparound fascia eliminates the conventional bumper-to-body gap enhances aerodynamics.
Wheels and tires
There is a new family of 17-inch and 20-inch wheels. Seventeen-inch wheels and tires are standard, with 20-inch factory-installed wheels available (standard on LTZ).
Suburban '07 is offered in nine exterior colors: Greystone Metallic, Dark Blue Metallic, Sport Red Metallic, Bermuda Blue Metallic, Black, Summit White, Gold Mist Metallic, Amber Bronze Metallic and Silver Birch Metallic.
The roomier interior is airy, thanks to a lower instrument panel and deeper windshield that improve outward visibility. Passenger space is increased, including more shoulder space for rear passengers. Behind the first-row seats, Suburban offers 137.4 cubic feet (3,890.6 liters) of cargo room.
Door pillar-mounted first- and second-row three-point safety belts facilitate the slimmer designs (second-row, center position uses an SUV-typical three-point belt-to-seat design). The front-row seats have one-inch more aft travel than previous models. Second-row seats provide 0.4 inch (10 mm) more legroom and knee room. Their seatback angle is adjusted an additional two degrees rearward.
A two-tone color scheme is executed for the instrument panel and other trim pieces.
Accessibility and capability are enhanced with features that include a unique power-release fold-and-tumble second-row seat and a third-row seat that also is easily removable. Storage capability is improved with the center console storage bin, a larger glove box and additional new storage compartments.
Suburban’s interior features include:
- Power-release fold-and-tumble second-row seat
- Remote vehicle starting system
- First- and second-row heated seats
- Ultrasonic Rear Parking Assist
- Rearview camera system
- Touch-screen navigation system
- DVD rear-seat entertainment system with larger, eight-inch screen and enhanced features.
Suburban also features a new audio/navigation lineup, which provides entertainment and information. A new family of CD/MP3-compatible radios is available with a DVD entertainment system that includes a larger, 8-inch screen (with in-dash loading). A new touch-screen navigation radio is available and incorporates the view monitor for the available rear-camera system.
The eleventh generation Suburban is built on GM’s new full-size SUV platform, which incorporates features such as a new, fully boxed frame, coil-over-shock front suspension, rack-and-pinion steering and an all-new interior system. Wider front and rear tracks enhance handling and lower the center of gravity.
The 2007 vehicle centers on a new, stiffer frame, which reduces vibrations transmitted to the passenger cabin. The fully boxed frame also enables more precise mounting and tuning of chassis and suspension components, which also help reduce vibration. The tires on the 17-inch standard and 20-inch available wheels were also designed to reduce noise.
Suburban’s Autoride suspension system, which is standard on LTZ. This bi-state, real-time damping system provides a refined ride with reduced body motion. The system consists of a semi-active, two-position damping control system that responds in real time to road and driving conditions, based on body and wheel motion sensors.
The ’07 Suburban's new safety features include roof-mounted head curtain side air bags with rollover protection for all seating rows and front-seat safety belt pretensioners that are linked to the vehicle's sensing system to provide deployment in rear-end crashes.
These features are integrated into a stronger vehicle structure that is also designed for improved compatibility with other vehicles. The roof-mounted head curtain air bags include design features that provide increased rollover protection and occupant containment. Sensors located at the front of the vehicle, in the side doors, and within the occupant compartment provide increased crash detection. The vehicle's sensing system provides capability to deploy front seat safety belt pretensioners during certain rear-end collisions, enhancing the belt system's ability to hold the occupants firmly in place.
The roof-mounted head curtain side air bag system incorporates rollover indication sensors, which are located on the vehicle's center tunnel in the occupant compartment. The sensor monitors the vehicle's accelerations and roll rate. If these signals indicate an impending rollover, the roof-mounted head curtain side air bags deploy to provide an extra measure of occupant protection and containment. These rollover-capable head curtain side air bags stay inflated longer than air bags developed only for side impacts because rollover incidents can last longer. The deployment duration and other design features of the rollover-capable air bags combine to provide increased occupant protection and the ability to help keep occupants inside the vehicle.
Crash avoidance is bolstered through enhanced design and driver control dynamics, such as wider front and rear tracks, as well as more responsive suspensions – including a new coil-over-shock front suspension design and new rack-and-pinion steering. The vehicles are built on a stronger and stiffer, fully-boxed frame that contributes to enhanced crash energy management. The front frame section has been designed to optimize crush progression, resulting in improved energy absorption efficiency. The improved crush performance, enabled by hydroformed frame rails and efficient chassis component packaging, also comprehends design provisions for improved vehicle-to-vehicle compatibility in the event of a frontal impact with a smaller vehicle.
Additional safety features include:
- Standard StabiliTrak stability control system with rollover mitigation technology
- Standard dual-stage driver's front air bag
- Standard dual-stage outboard-front passenger air bag with Passenger Sensing System
- Available roof-mounted head curtain side air bags for all three seating rows
- Standard front seat safety belt pretensioners with rear impact deployment capability
- Standard tire pressure monitoring system
- Available rain-sensing wiper system Available Ultrasonic Rear Parking Assist that can detect certain stationary objects in the rearward path of the vehicle and send an audible warning sound and display via three LEDs on the right D-pilla
- Available rear-view camera system designed to provide the driver with a view of people or objects in the rearward path of the vehicle
- Standard pull-up/push-down power window switches
All models come with the OnStar system. The system includes the General Motors Advanced Automatic Crash Notification (AACN) system, making crash data available to emergency services to potentially dispatch the appropriate life-saving personnel and equipment to crash scenes faster.
The Chevrolet factory was founded in 1911 by car designer Louis Chevrolet together with GM founder William C. Durant, who had previously left GM and now felt the urge to regain its lost reputation in the automotive business.
American car giant Ford’s hugely successful Model T was the main rival targeted by Chevrolet’s entry into the automotive markets and the one that the bra... more